Experience Master Principles of Accounts Methodology and Approach at Your Own Pace!
Take a Virtual Tour of Our Platform
Who is this for?
The Master Principles of Accounts Learning Portal is a mobile-optimised, self-paced learning platform specifically designed for:
– The busy student with heavy CCA or other tuition commitments.
– Students shorter attention span or require repetition of concept explanation to master the topic.
– Part-time 1:1 tutors or home-schooled learners looking for an authoritative, comprehensive coverage of the 7086/7087 GCE O/N Level syllabus can use this as a supplementary resource to help your student
Suitable for students who may not be accustomed to raising their hands and asking questions in a small group class
Check out the profiles of the students using the Master Principles of Accounts Learning Portal
Students with ZERO Background in Accounting
Whether you are picking up POA for the first time as a private candidate, coming to or currently in Sec 3 or preparing for your accounting/business diploma or degree, the basic accounting modules is here for you.
You will learn:
- How to avoid memorising accounts and double entries and use logical, common sense approach to identifying accounts and accounting elements.
- The correct framework and thinking skills needed to achieve a consistent, correct way to record transactions in the 3 Steps to Perfect Double Entries.
- The flow of accounting information in the financial statements of performance and position (income statement/ balance sheet).
- Avoiding common mistakes students face when processing exam questions requiring double entries.
For the C5-B3 Student
Your basic journal entries are ok. You understand debit is left and credit is right.
You started noticing a little bit of struggle when covering income and expense and things went downhill for topics like depreciation and allowance for impairment on trade receivables.
If you are frustrated with the timeline method or get confused with the dates, our approach to mastering accounting concepts
In the Master Principles of Accounts Learning Portal, you will learn:
- The tried-and-proven exam technique using our LEAP (Logic -> Equation -> Application -> Practice) framework to understand key accounting concepts.
- Timeline-free application to exam questions using our famed HBUL formulae to break complex exam questions down into a simple, logical equation before applying it for the exams.
But there’s more. You will learn how to think about questions systematically and will include important pattern observations that may be new to you. The content is constantly updated, showing you the exact steps and the approach that generate the best results in the long run without memorising a single format.
If you mugged and memorised. And have no results.
One of the largest groups of people in Master Principles of Accounts are those who have tried and failed with principles of accounts and memorising transactions, ledgers and formats.
We hear from them all the time, and it’s really exciting when we hear from some of them who are finally succeeding. Master POA goes on a logic-first approach.
There are SO many little details you have to remember and do right if you want to ace your accounting exams, and while many teachers/tutors share good tips, they leave you hanging by having you memorise steps/ledgers ‘when time is running out.’
We have had hundreds of people go through Master POA. Every time Caleb sees something students missed, they go back to the LEAP framework and make sure students don’t make the same memorising-approach again. The course receives almost weekly updates. We know you feel jaded at this point about POA, but you KNOW there is huge potential. We have helped many students in your exact same situation to get to success. Put us to work for you.
Zachary’s mom, Mrs Chia, enquired for MPOA Tuition Classes at Jurong East on 7th July 2019. This was approximately 7 weeks to the prelims and we have already closed enrolment for our over-sized class to provide in-depth, topical coverage which we just did during the June holidays. We were full-on revision mode.
Mrs Chia persisted with a trial but requested we try Zachary to cover a chapter in-depth. At that time our students were using the online bite-size video explainers to bridge conceptual gaps if they didn’t want to wait for the rest of the class to be ready. Zachary was agreeable to give this format a shot. The rest is history.
Since then, Zachary took on 2 sessions of onsite classes every week, watching and listening to the concept explainers during recess in the library and the hour-long commute from St Patrick’s School to the centre at Jurong East. Onsite, he devour the accompanying worksheet sets that comes with the online portal and grab the tutor to clarify his doubts.
Covering two major topics weekly help him grow his confidence. He was finally able to wean from the memorising-method he so dreaded in school and achieved C5 for his prelims.
The bigger shock for his mum (and the tutor) was his decision to drop another subject requiring very heavy coursework within the first month to focus on POA. It was then we learn that he dreaded POA so much prior that it was either that subject or POA he would drop to concentrate his energies.
With other commitments in the revision calendar, Zachary had to reduce the lesson frequency to once a week from September, relying on the MPOA online course and consultations with tutor. The GCE O level results yielded an A2 for POA for Zachary. And a very happy parent.
Not too shabby for a short runway and an over-stretched schedule.
Proof in the Pudding
Our online course has been classroom-tested since 2018, designed specifically for the online, self-paced learners. Not a Covid-19 after-thought or response.